Originally, the idea is to write 52 short stories in 52 weeks! (*bursts out laughing*). Yeah that’s not happening. But I’m chipping away at these prompts, and I’m loving it. Here’s my progress. Will update as I continue.
1. A story entitled “A New Beginning” (done, and published at The Fictional Cafe)
2. A story about rising to a challenge (“Snake Charmer” published in Saw Palm)
3. A retelling of a fairytale (“The Twelve, Dancing” done and published in Quantum Fairy Tales)
4. A story about three siblings. (“We Kill the Skull Man” appearing in My American Nightmare)
5. A story set in London (“Idylls of the King” Published soon in Running Wild Press’s short story anthology v. 2)
6. A story about finding something that has been lost. (“The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” which appears in Intellectual Refuge)
7. A story about a journey. (“Thriller”)
8. A story set during a war (“The Kitchen at the End of the World” in anthology Enter the Rebirth)
9. A creepy story (“Our Lady of the Crossroads” published in the “Wizards in Space” literary journal)
10. A story featuring a countdown (“Countdown”)
11. A story set at a full moon. (“Motherhood of the Wolf)
12. A story about a contest or competition. (“MVP”)
13. A story that takes place entirely inside a vehicle. (“The Witch Tree”)
14. A story from a villain’s perspective. (Snow White’s Villain retelling)
15. A story set at a concert or festival.
16. A story that begins with a gunshot.
17. A story set in a country you’ve never been to.
18. A story about a historical figure.
19. A story set in a theatre.
20. A story written in 2nd person narrative.
21. A story set on another planet.
22. A story written from the perspective of someone dead/undead
23. A story about a birthday.
24. A story that ends on a cliffhanger.
25. A story set at the summer solstice.
26. A story about nostalgia.
27. A story that features a song or poem.
28. A story that ends at sunrise.
29. A story opening with the words “F*** you!”
30. A story about a magical object.
31. A story set at sea.
32. A story about a curse.
33. A story set 100 years in the future.
34. A story about loneliness.
35. A story that features a real recent newspaper article.
36. A story written from an animal’s perspective.
37. A story about a scientific discovery.
38. A story set on another planet.
39. A story with only one character.
40. A story about a secret.
41. A romance that ends in tragedy.
42. A tragedy that ends in romance.
43. A retelling of a recent Hollywood movie.
44. A story that takes place the year you were born.
45. A story about a near-death experience.
46. A story about anger.
47. A story about a magic spell.
48. A story set in a strange small town.
49. A story about justice being done.
50. A creation myth.
51. A story set at Christmas.
52. A story entitled “The End”.